Friday, May 23, 2008

stuff


We have a new, or well the first, HR person at work. He just started on Tuesday. I'm not sure what to think... he came and talked to my co worker and I today and asked us awkward questions. I mean, I totally understand why he needed to ask them, but still, it's hard to know what to say, and what'll be kept confidential, and what'll get back and get blown up in your face.

The usual stuff came up though. Poor communication between shifts, poor communication with management, disrespect between staff, yada yada. I mean really, what can you say? It was still interesting though. I suggested that he spend time hanging out and watching each shift. I really don't think you can get a good understanding of the work dynamics unless you do that. Especially cause each of the shifts really has it's own personality.

No comments: