Wednesday, May 21, 2008

sigh...sleep...where are you?

I, am not sleeping. I didn't sleep last night either. I don't know if this is because I was working nights and now I'm trying to sleep at night, if it's because I'm sick, or if it's because there's a lot on my mind... either way, it's sleep time, and I'm not doing it.

I honestly wouldn't care all that much if I wasn't so sick. But when you're sick, you're supposed to be able to sleep. You're supposed to sleep and get better, you're not supposed to be up half the night! Last night I managed to read an entire book. I have no idea what time it was because I'm boycotting the clock still (when I lie down I turn the clock around), but it must have been 4 or 5, and I was up at 8:30.

Oh well! I guess I'll curl up with my CSI book and see what happens!

2 comments:

Nadja said...

After I worked night shifts (I start with one tomorrow evening, fun!) I found it difficult to get back into my normal rhythm of sleeping and being awake. It lasted about a week.

I hope you get better soon and that you get some sleep ;)

<3

Awake and Dreaming said...

awww thanks. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has issues switchings shifts around...it sucks being casual sometimes. I'm back on nights starting Friday though!