Monday, May 5, 2008

psst... did you hear?

There are a few things in life I really don't like. Bedbugs, sand on my feet and peanut butter come immediately to mind. Today at work however, I was faced with some equally annoying things, toping the list, was gossip.

If there's one thing that really bothers me about my new job, it would be the gossip. I can't get over it. As soon as a person is not around, the other staff are talking about them. It never seems to end either. Walk down the stairs and the person at the bottom is talking about the person at the top. Get in the van, and the person in the van is talking about the person in the building. Work in detox, they're talking about the drop in staff, work in drop in, they're talking about the detox staff... and so it goes on and on and on. Bah! Part of me wonders what they're saying about me, but part of me just really, really, really doesn't want to know! And honestly, I really don't care, I just plan on doing my job and hopefully accomplishing something!

Also, I had to drive the van today. I don't know if I've mentioned it lately, but I *really* hate driving! Argh. I'm car shopping Wednesday maybe, but driving, so not my thing. I much, much, much prefer biking. I definitely prefer being in detox to working the front and having to drive.

And finally, I had a woman come in today looking to get into to detox. We were in the middle of shift change so I told her that she would have to sit and wait until the evening shift started. She took great offense to the idea of sitting in our drop in though and stormed out. Apparently she's too good to sit with "those people". I love the people I work with, and I'm very defensive of them. She thinks she's too good for them? Well, I have news for her!

This is my first day of what is going to be a LONG week. I'm working 3 jobs for the next 2 weeks, and it seems like I'm already tired :( Oh well. Once this week is over things should be better. And I'm looking forward to getting my first pay check on Thursday (or Friday)!

No comments: