Saturday, May 17, 2008


There's an interesting new word floating around the streets these days. The only people I've heard use it so far are children, but I'm sure if they're using it other people are using it too, or will be. The new slang for the homeless is "rubees" (pronounced rub-ee, not ruby). I'm not sure exactly how you'd spell it. It seems to be a really derogatory word though. I'd be interested to see where it originated from... I'll have to see if anyone at work has heard it. No one at street ministry last week knew where it came from.


the_amadaun said...

I think it's "rubby", love, as in rubbing alcohol.

Still Dreaming said...

thank you my worldly friend who makes life clear to me, lol. What am I going to do without you!?