Wednesday, May 21, 2008

church update

Church stuff is going well. I am the "clerk of session" now. Basically, that means I get to take minutes and handle correspondence. It also means I get to have my computer at meetings and I may be able to sit still better if I am typing and trying hard to pay attention to what to write down. It's more responsibility, but I feel like this is where God wants me right now.

My summer job at the church is going well too so far. I feel like I haven't done much, but I know that that will change when the summer starts and I am responsible for preaching and children's ministry as well. I'm excited about the summer. I'm planning on doing a sermon series about the parables, although I haven't narrowed it down beyond that yet. It'll be interesting whatever it is, and I'm sure I'll wind up learning a lot.

No comments: