Sunday, June 15, 2008

shopped out


I'm not really the type of person who enjoys shopping...I'm just not. Never have been, probably never will be. But, once in a while, I go on these marathon shopping trips and get it all over and done with at once. I did that today, and even bought some cute stuff for myself for no reason other then that I wanted it (well, and that I still had Christmas money I hadn't spent).

Anyway, mostly I tried to get clothes that I can wear both to work and out. Because seriously, work is gross and I certainly won't wear my nicer clothes there, but I think my clients deserve me looking decent, and like I put at least a little bit of effort into getting ready. What does it show them if I show up all gross in bad fitting clothes. On the other hand, I don't want to appear over dressed. So sadly, all the nice "social worker clothes" I bought myself before grad, are pretty much out of the question.

So today I bought yet another pair of jeans (they even had SHORT ones), and a few shirts that I can wear to work. Then for myself, I bought this super cute purse, which is actually a brand name (which is kind of scary), a wallet I've had my eye on for a while, and this super cute hat. It was on sale. That is how I justify it. Oh, and these light weight black yoga pants. They're supposed to be crops, but I'm so short that they come down almost all the way. I haven't decided if I'll hem them or not. If they're long, I can wear them to work for night shifts, whereas if they're short, I can't.

After shopping, roommate and I went and had sushi. We were very shopped out.

No comments: