Thursday, June 19, 2008

eat your vegetables!

I don't write about it as much, but in addition to my work at the shelter, I'm also the summer ministry student at my church. What exactly this means, I'm not sure, but this week it means watching Veggie Tales. Veggie Tales are Christian kids cartoons with bible stories and life lessons told by talking vegetables. It's kind of hard to explain.

Because my church meets in a movie theatre, we thought it would be cool to do something movie oriented for kids this summer. So, we're having cartoons on the big screen, and I get to preview them all! That's a lot of veggie tales folks.

I'm amused by the fact that there is actually a lot of humor for grownups thrown into the videos. Very amused in fact. It makes things a lot less painful. Because, while veggie tales are fun and all, they're not exactly intellectually stimulating or all that funny if you're over the age of 12.

And now, off I go to watch another one, because this silly girl slept in till after noon today and is now WIDE AWAKE!

1 comment:

Nadja said...

oh! I think I remember these cartoons! Or at least stuffed toys that were shaped like these veggies are shaped haha.
Nice:)