Thursday, July 10, 2008

life map

It's 5PM and it's my morning. I'm sitting on the couch drinking bad coffee from my portable french press because there's no coffee filters. Yet somehow, I am content.

I've been thinking, about how life doesn't come with a map. I've often said that there can be more then one right answer in any given situation, and I think this is true with my situation now. Applying for jobs and staying at my job are both "right" answers. It's impossible to know which one will be better. And very honestly, right now, I'm just going to stick with what I have now. I have a lot of other stuff going on in my life right now, I don't want to take any other risks, pathetic as that seems.

I had a dream last night about there being a vacancy in an awesome apartment down the street from me. A dream real enough I had to really think about it this morning to decide if it was real. It wasn't though, unfortunately. I had another dream about owning a car. This dream wasn't quite as real, although it was a fairly nice car!

I had a great phone conversation with a friend today. I love laughing, and somehow despite the fact that we were talking about some pretty serious stuff, there was a lot of laughter. I love friends I can laugh with. I also talked to bestest bud, it's her birthday; my present to her was NOT singing the birthday song. I actually do have something for her, I just have to go pick it up.

I had a bad day at work yesterday, but best friend came and met me and we walked home together. She lives on the way to my place so I only had 10 minutes or so to walk on my own of an almost 50minute walk. The walk and talk was really good (as was the iced cap she brought me). I've been eating too much fast food and it felt nice to just walk.

Life has ups and downs. And sometimes I get into these moods where everything feels like a down, but right now, sunshine, friends, coffee, and curling up with my blanket seem to be able to pull me out of it pretty quickly.

No comments: