Saturday, September 20, 2008

hot yoga


I don't know that I ever blogged about going to hot yoga, but I went about a month ago for the first time. It felt good, but the 90 minute class was also somewhat overwhelming. Yesterday, bestest bud and I went again, only this time to a different studio and a 60 minute class. It was awesome!

The new studio is only a block from my house and feels like it's a few degrees cooler, or at least less humid. It was a better temperature for me, and just felt healthier; so did going for only 60 minutes instead of 90. Hot yoga feels awesome and cleansing. I felt SO good when I was done! I'm a bit sore today, but not excessively so, and bestest bud and I are going back after church.

As usual, my mind is in over drive, and while I wasn't thinking about things too, too much during the class, afterward I was thinking about how wonderful it would be for my clients to have the same experience. There's something so cleansing and freeing about it. There are so many challenges to them having this experience though. Even if we found volunteer teachers, and a location, then you have to get people there, convince them they want to do it, convince them to drink water, to change their clothes, to shower, to be vulnerable, to do "stupid" poses. Hmmm. Things to ponder, things to ponder. Besides, if it's not something they want to do, how is it empowering?

No comments: