Monday, August 25, 2008

update on the dreamer

I've had a busy past couple weeks, but things seem to be calming down...a little. Roommate left today. I am heartbroken. Roommate also left a disaster in her wake. I want to smack her :) Thankfully, best friend came over and helped me tidy and throw stuff out, and I have my favourite ethical thrift store (because some of them are total scams) coming to collect all her furniture and stuff tomorrow (she moved out of the country...). Not that you care, but because I like to talk, the thrift store is getting: a double bed frame, a desk, a night stand, a lava lamp, a kitchen table with four chairs, two record players, a stereo with a bunch of speakers and sub woofer things, five boxes of books (that I've been through and taken the ones I want), a tv, a tv stand and a coffee table. The house will be SO much emptier! It's going to be awesome. I can't wait.

Vacation Bible School is OVER and my summer job at the church is almost over. After the long weekend I'm DONE!!! It sounds bad, but I can't wait. In fact, I'm super, super excited. I still do lots of volunteer stuff and have a lot of responsibility, but it's not the same.

I'm applying for two jobs at work. One is full time nights, and one is a full time position on our transition team. It's waaaaaaay more of a social work job then what I have now, and would be Monday to Friday, days. I'd be doing case management, supportive counseling, advocacy, referalls, intakes to transitional housing, assessments, stuff like that. It would be AWESOME! However, I'd also like working full time nights, so we'll see what happens. I'm pretty much gauranteed the night job because of seniority stuff, but we'll see with transition team. Either way, full time work should be in the near future and then I'm going to buy a CAR!

So all in all, I'm okay. Tired, but that's my own fault. Sad, because roommate is gone, but happy that she is where she wants to be (grad school!!!!) Happy because the church job is almost over, and I'm getting to the point where I'm *almost* looking forward to moving!

and that, is my life! The dreamer will return tomorrow with more deep thoughts about the world we live in, but for now...I'm off to do random things while I keep myself awake half the night to stay on a night schedule.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck with the jobs!