Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 9

Today was the hardest day of the challenge yet for me. It was seriously hard to motivate myself to get to yoga. I felt horrible today, emotionally as well as somewhat physically, and I left work early cause I didn't feel like bursting into tears at my desk. I came home, climbed into bed, and fell asleep. Then of course I had to get up for yoga. Which really was a good thing, because it meant I couldn't completely screw up my sleep schedule.

At yoga, there was a new teacher, which is fine, if we hadn't also had 3 new staff start at work (two today, one last Wednesday). I can only deal with so much change and I feel like my life is in a state of constant flux. I had a bit of a hard time letting go of the teaching/teacher and sinking into my yoga. She did things a bit differently, and it just, wasn't working for me... or something. I dunno.

So, things I learned today: Sometimes it's okay to just give up, go home and take a nap. It really was what I needed. I really did need to not be at work for a while (despite just coming off a long weekend). Not knowing if I'm flying half way across the country to go see my grandma, is kind of getting to me. And mom's chemo isn't working...which I'd already guessed, but still.

2 comments:

Blubtrflygrl said...

Sorry to hear things are so sucky right now. Are you able to take off a few days from work?

Carolyn said...

There is nothing so wonderfully decadent as having a nap when you are supposed to be at work. Sick days can be used proactively (i.e.: if I don't go home and take a nap, I will become sick) so there will be NO GUILT FEELINGS from You! Sorry to hear about your mum's chemo, but hang in there, the battle nor the war is lost. And I'm VERY IMPRESSED with your stick-to-itiveness on the yoga.