Thursday, July 15, 2010

quick update

I want to start writing more. I think it will be good for me. Life has been rather...overwhelming lately and it's been rather hard to get started.

My mother is so very sick right now and there's really no hope for her to get better. I've been stressed about work, lots of internal drama more so than client issues. To top everything off I sprained my ankle on Canada Day (July 1) and did quite a good job of it. It's really well sprained. I'm still using my crutches quite a bit and start physio for it on Monday.

I've been seeing a counsellor through Employee Assistance, which has been...interesting. Certainly not the easiest thing I've done recently and I'm still not sure it's the right thing, but I think so?

Cats are good. Oliver Lockhart has been literally in my face all evening. Right now he's got all four of his paws touching my arm which is making typing very difficult. I'm also trying to ice/elevate my ankle and so I'm at a rather awkward angle.

I have lots to say, particularly about counselling, but for tonight this will have to suffice.

2 comments:

Angela said...

So very good to see you back - I've missed your posts. Hang on in there - you're dealing with a lot of multiple stresses. I hope your mum is getting some good palliative care? Although getting physically better might not be an option for her, a lot can still be done palliatively to help her feel better - connecting with a hospice may help.

Someone once told me that we're never given anything that we're not ready to handle - however tough it seems.

Not sure whether this is helpful for you but know that people miss you and are wishing you and your family well.

Carolyn said...

Know that we are thinking of you at this very difficult time in your life. Take care of yourself (particularly your ankle) and give Oliver and Sophie lots of hugs. It's hard to be sad when something is purring at you.