Sunday, July 12, 2009

Meet Oliver Lockhart

So I went to the Pet Store where I bought Sophie Cat the other day. I hadn't been there since I brought her home...

someone new came home with me...






This is Oliver Lockhart (Oliver from Oliver and Company, Lockhart from Gildoroy Lockhart from Harry Potter 2).


He is a year and a half old. The Pet Store rescued him from the Humane Society which was going to euthanize him because it was cheaper to kill him than to neuter him. Oliver is basically the complete opposite of Sophie Cat. You can do anything to him and he'll just purr away. Sophie on the other hand has been hissing and growling at him from the other side of the baby gate. This is going to take some time.


Oh, and for good measure, here's a picture of Sophie Cat trying to stuff herself into her cat condo.

Poor Sophie. SO not impressed with the new addition to our family. I'm really hoping she gets used to him. Otherwise bestest bud will take him, but I really want to keep him too. I really think Sophie needs a friend, she just needs to get over her anger/fear.


5 comments:

cb said...

He is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh, he is ADORABLE!!! Girls kitties are prissy and take longer than boy kitties to welcome new family members. It'll take time but I bet she comes around and soon they will be kissing each other ;)

Charene said...

I too adopted a cat from a Pet Store that otherwise would have been euthanized. When I brought her home, my male cat that I had at the time was completely unhappy about the situation. He hissed and growled and wanted nothing to do with her. It took a couple days, but they both adjusted and a year and a half later are good friends. I've heard it can take up to 6 months for them to be happy with the situation, and I did find that after 6 months or so they did seem much closer than at first. Good luck, and I must say that both your cats are adorable.

Herman said...

Poor Sophie. It can take quite some time for cats to adapt. Be patient

And Oliver is absolutely gorgeous

Nikki (Sarah) said...

Hi. I'm a social worker as well who came to the field through my own brokeness. I strive to give back what others gave to me. Sarah